View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #32
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

2000 AMATEUR DRAFT REPORT

Oops. I set the draft to June at the beginning of they year. I didn’t think it would force a draft THIS June. Oh well. Henceforth, the draft will be in June. Since I have the #1 pick, I decide to change the draft to “Serpentine” to give a little better balance in this one.

DRAFT POSITION: 1

DRAFTEES
1. C Walter Mcdonald (Good/Brl/Brl) This 23-year-old 5-star right-handed hitter is a great find at a position that I have no strong prospects. He’s got a “C” arm. He becomes the #11 prospect in the game.
2. SP Jim Decker. (Avg/Avg/Good). Decker, a 19-year-old righty, fields his position well (“A” range). Could crack the rotation one day.
3. CF/RF Joseph Gillenwater (Avg/Avg/Fair). Gillenwater has “A” range at both CF and RF, and a “C” throwing arm. He’s an 18-year old lefthanded hitter. With a little development, he could become an impact player in the bigs.
4. RF/LF Randy Wheeler (Fair/Avg/Avg). He could be a good utility OF/defensive replacement/pinch runner. Wheeler is rated “B” at LF, “A” at RF and has an “A” arm. He’s also got “B” ratings at speed and stealing. He looks like the kind of guy I like to have on the bench.
5. SP/RP Dean Sipe (Avg/Good/Good). 23-year-old Sipe has “E” endurance as a starter and “A” defensive range.
6. MR Bobby Day (Avg/Good/Avg). 19 years old. “A” fielding. “B” holding runners.
7. 2B/SS Lawrence Burgan (Fair/Fair/Fair). Burgan is a 19-year-old good-field, no-hit kind of player. He is a left-handed hitter. Could earn a spot as a utility infielder evenutually.

POST-DRAFT TOP TEN MINOR LEAGUE SYSTEMS
1. Atlanta
2. Seattle
3. Chicago (A)
4. Cincinnati
5. Baltimore
6. Philadelphia
7. LA
8. Texas
9. Milwaukee
10. Pittsburgh
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote