View Single Post
Old 04-07-2003, 09:53 AM   #9
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Stars/Oilers: I could watch this series every year and never get tired of it. Oilers should give them trouble, but Stars have too much talent. Stars in six.

Wings/Ducks: When did the NHL institute the first round bye? Wings in four.

Avs/Wild: The Wild will be tough here. I could see this being the classic "underdog gets a couple of early wins" series, but in the end the Avs have too much talent. Avs in six.

Canucks/Blues: Should be a good one. Both teams have question marks in goal. This one could go either way. Canucks in seven.

Sens/Isles: This should be fun to watch, only because of the clash of styles. The dirty, goonish Isles against the disciplined, diving Sens. Garth Snow is nowhere near good enough to win this series, especially with Ottawa getting 15 powerplays a game. Sens in five.

Devils/Bruins: This one could be an upset. There are two rules of playoff hockey: the #7 always beats a #2 in the East, and Pat Burns always does well in his first year. Tough call. Devils in seven.

Lightning/Caps: Who cares? Can we please get rid of the dumb "automatic #3 seed" rule for this terrible division? Caps in six.

Flyers/Leafs: Flyers look good, but Leafs always pick it up in the playoffs. Toronto takes too many penalties, but Flyers PP has looked shaky. Too close to call, but I'd rather have Eddie in net than Chokemanek. Flip a coin. Leafs in seven.
Maple Leafs is offline   Reply With Quote