View Single Post
Old 04-06-2003, 07:00 AM   #27
3ric
College Starter

October 2003

Conference Player of the Month: Kayode Odejayi, Forest Green.
Conference Young Player of the Month: Elvis Hammond, Morecambe.
Conference Manager of the Month: Mark Patterson, Leigh RMI.

Stepanovs and Kanchelskis are called up to the Latvian and Russian national teams. That cause the match scheduled for the 11th to be moved to the 8th. We're currently looking for a replacement goalkeeper - even if the transfer deadline has passed, there's a rule allowing transfers for keepers if you have injuries at the position.

We're in talks with Reading's Jamie Ashdown and Barnsley's Craig Parry. I would prefer Parry since his wage demands is significantly lower.

8/10/03 - away vs AFC Wimbledon, 13th in the Conference. Without Perrin in goal I'm not very confident about our chances. We start defensively but find ourselves down 0-2 after 20 minutes. We lose 0-4 with Allen and Odejayi getting '5' ratings. The reserve keeper, Glassup, surprisingly got a '7'.

We complete the deal with keeper Parry, who joins the Rovers for £7000 and a £120 wage. Defender Dodsworth return from injury and resume full training. I offer two players, Meechan and Richardson, to other clubs since they haven't played much and is valued relatively high.

We have drawn lower team Colwyn Bay in the Fourth Round of the FA Cup Qualifyer.

18/10/03 - at home vs Hayes, 2nd in the Conference. We win 2-0, with both goals coming in the second half after they got a player sent off. Odejayi and Offiong scored one each.

21/10/03 - away at Burton Albion, 19th in the Conference. We get a 6-2 shot advantage, and Odejayi was Man of the Match, but there were no goals in this 0-0 tie.

25/10/03 - away at Colwyn Bay, in the FA Cup 4th round qualifying. Embarrasingly, we lose 1-3 despite getting the opening goal through an Odejayi breakaway. Colwyn Bay had 9 players that earned an '8' rating while only Paulinho reached that standard for us.

To add injury to insult(!), we have to do without Gary Owers for three weeks as he suffered a twisted knee. A couple of days later, we get Matthew Russell back in full training.
Code:
Conference standings: 1. Scarborough 27 pts, +17 GD 2. Morecambe 23 pts, +13 GD 3. Aldershot 21 pts, +10 GD 4. Hayes 21 pts, +10 GD 5. Barnet 19 pts, +13 GD --------------------------------- 8. Forest Green 18 pts, +3 GD --------------------------------- 20. Scunthorpe 6 pts, -8 GD 21. Northwich Vics 5 pts, -14 GD 22. Southport 1 pts, -22 GD
Top rated players on the team:
Paulinho, 7.81 over 11 games
K.Odejayi, 7.63 over 11 games
I.Stepanovs, 7.40 over 5 games

Assists:
K.Odejayi, 4 assists in 11 games
D.Allen, 3 assists in 7 games
R.Offiong, 2 assists in 11 games

Last edited by 3ric : 04-06-2003 at 07:03 AM.
3ric is offline   Reply With Quote