View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 05:49 AM   #24
3ric
College Starter

13/7/03 - Our first friendly is at home four days later vs 2nd division team Colchester. To my surprise is that the Rovers (that's us) play excellent and actually outshoot our opponents 11-3, with DMC Gary Owers starring. I've already written off this game as a scoreless draw, when they score an own goal in the 91st minute to give us the 1-0 win.

16/7/03 - away vs Bath City, no idea where they belong, probably from an even lower division than the Conference. We lose 0-2 as most of the players has become very tired, I'll probably have to put a few on "no training" for a short while.

Also, we get both Dodsworth and Kanchelskis on the injured list - they will miss 3 months and 2 weeks respectively. We sign another scout as we currently only have one, and I want one to scout our next opposition, in addition to one who's looking for youth players.

Our last signing in the preseason is Moroccan defender/defensive midfielder Tahar El Khalej, 35 yrs old with 103 caps. His signing was done two weeks ago, and we just got his work permit confirmed.

27/7/03 - at home vs Southend, in the Third Division. We lose 1-2 with the goal coming from Alex Meechan, but get some lively action from the players in the second half, particularily Richard Offiong, who creates several chances and help us get a 10-6 shot advantage. Paulinho twists a knee in the game and is in need of two weeks rest.