View Single Post
Old 04-04-2003, 09:01 PM   #19
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally posted by Chief Rum
I cancelled mine on Wednesday with gameplanet, and did my business with gogamer.

Although you wanna hear something funny? gogamer is in Irvine, which is literally just a city over from me (in Costa Mesa). I don't have a car, so getting around isn't easy for me, otherwise I would have seen if gogamer had an outlet I could just go directly to and get the game.

Anyway, they use FedEx, and their standard service is FedEx 2-day (it's supposed to get to you in two days).

I did my order Wednesday just after gogamer processes its daily shipments (of course), so my package sat waiting at gogamer until Thursday afternoon. So it was officially shipped Thursday afternoon. I have been tracking it, of course. It went to Irvine's FedEx collection spot, then up to the LA sort center. Early this morning, it got sent back along almost the same exact route (but off of the freeway two or three exits closer), to the Costa Mesa FedEx center (where they load the trucks for local delivery). And that was at 7 a.m. local time this morning. So my package has been ready to throw into a delivery truck since this morning.

I had work all day and couldn't be at my place. Figuring I missed it, I went to the closest FedEx spot, figuring it would be there waiting for me. It turns out I had the wrong place (where I went was just a dropoff spot--whoda thunk they would have more than one FedEx office in the same city--and not that big of a city...), but the guy I talked to let me know what was going on.

And that was, despite the fact that the package was sitting close by, ready to be delivered, that it would not be delivered for another day, because this is FedEx 2-Day service! LMAO! Oops, this package got here too soon...

And the kicker? It's Friday--2Day service also doesn't deliver on weekends. So I won't get my CM4 until Monday (Thank God I'm off).

Chief Rum

CR, I did the exact same thing, I wont get mine til Monday either.

Here's the kicker though, I was talking to my roommate, and he said my school doesn't receive Fed Ex packages. So what is going to happen to my order? Do they just send it back and I still get charged?

That, and my shipping address was too long, so I'm not sure if will even be sent to the right box if it is delivered. I emailed them about it, and I looked at the order ID, and it said at the very bottom the new shipping address I sent, I hope they got it in time.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote