View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 08:30 PM   #37
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by FrogMan
daedalus, I would tend to disagree on this one.

If what I read on ABC of Tactics (go to part 3, individual tactics), the only ways to increase your midfield would be to play your central defenders offensive, your wingers toward the middle, or you forwards defensive.

You were right about the forward, but playing your inner midfielder offensive would increase you central and wing attack, at least that's what the site says.

Since I'm skeptical by nature, I ran some test with MyBestTeam and from my vanilla 4-5-1, to one with only my two regular IM playing offensive, everything remained the same, except the three attack ratings that increased, a tiny little bit more so the central attack than the left and right attack. Neither the Midfield nor the defense ratings dropped.

One thing though. From the Tactics site, they say that playing IM offensice should increase the attack (which MBT showed) but they also say that it should decrease your defense ratings (all three) which makes sense, nothing comes without a price in Hattrick. This isn't reflected in my MyBestTeam tests...

FrogMan
PS: everybody really should read what's on that site, it's quite informative

Frogman, only for you...I set one defender to offensive, the wingbacks are defensive, one wing is towards mid, one wing is offensive, one forward is defensive. Everything else was normal...keep in mind I have two passable mids with solid form, and one solid mid with solid form, which helps a lot...like I said, I doubt I'll use it much though save for friendlies till I see if it works...just judging from my division I will have to be creative.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote