View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 12:56 PM   #17
3ric
College Starter

11/1/03 - at home vs Millwall. Paul Ifill and Neil Harris score and send us packing with a 0-2 loss. Defender Shaun Murphy continue his impressive streak of impressive performances with an 8 rating today.

11/1/03 - away at Portsmouth, 1st in the division. Not much to say here as we suffer an embarrassing 0-4 defeat. Murphy, as usual, was our best player in this game.

And now I'm getting that kiss of death - the vote of confidence. Yikes. They have announced that my job is safe, but the news item is headlined with 'Sheff Utd board consider my position'.

I do some changes to the training regime and will try a 3-5-2 tactic in the next game. We've also bought D/DML Chris Armstrong from 2nd division Oldham and MRC Robin Hulbert from Bristol City.

18/1/03 - at home vs Wolves, 5th in the division. Wolves win 3-1 as the new tactic is a fiasco. Back to the drawing board. Murphy scored another goal on a header corner kick.

29/1/03 - away at Derby, 16th in the division. I want a win on my birthday! The home team take the lead thanks to "The Silver Fox", Italian striker Fabrizio Ravanelli, but we tie the score on a goal by Dean Windass (or "Widearse" as he's affectionately called by the opposing fans). Unfortunately enough we concede another goal to lose 1-2.

That was the last straw to the board, and I get the boot. Time to look at the job market, but unfortunately there's no other job available for now. Time passes...