View Single Post
Old 04-03-2003, 11:27 AM   #31
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Vince
Well, I usually play asymmetrical (I think...one C. Defender as Inner Mid), but those ratings are with a symmetrical 3-5-2 (one Wing Back as Inner Mid). I've got one Solid defender (the only C. Defender in asymmetrical), and two Passable defenders, one a Passable winger and the other an inadequate winger. I want to pick up one more solid defender for my backfield, but not sure if I have the money to spare (I'd go into debt for the first time. Not a big deal, but I'm already losing 20k a week without a home game). It's either buy a defender or upgrade my stadium...I think both will cost about the same. Still unsure which I should do.

EDIT: The reason I post a Symmetrical is because I not only have a better rating that way, but I am also facing a team that runs a 4-3-3 next week, and they ALWAYS attack on the same side. This way I beef up that side's D (Right Side, IIRC).

Taken from the ABC of Tactics

3-5-2, symmetric/asymmetric defence
General: Symmetric: a central defender moved into midfield. Asymmetric: a wing defender moved into midfield. This is Hattrick's most common formation for a good reason, with its offensive/defensive balance and strong emphasis on midfield. It also lets the manager vary the attack and defence greatly.
Strengths: Very strong midfield and strong attack
Weaknesses: 3 defenders are bound to leave a weak spot somewhere.
Best counter-tactic: Try to attack where the opponent is weak and try to balance your defence against the opposition's attack. Many 3-5-2 coaches play with a winger towards the middle, some are kind enough to always play the same wing into the middle . Finally: if you succeed in beating a 3-5-2 team in midfield, the game is practically won...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote