View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 01:08 PM   #411
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Glad to hear you're okay, EaglesFan. Hope all others in the area on this forum are okay as well.

Now I'm going to diverge a little bit, in the vein some others have in this thread. Anyone in Chicago see the Red Streak today? The cover reads, "The Big Easy took Katrina's wrath pretty hard, but Chicago's suffering, too: Thanks to the storm, we're now No. 1 in gas prices." Oh. My. Fucking. God. "Yeah, it sounds pretty bad for all them down there, but LOOK AT US! WE'VE GOT THIS HIGHEST GAS PRICES IN THE COUNTRY!" Maybe it's harder for me to be sympathetic since I don't drive, but I don't think that's why. Also, as I rode the bus downtown, I saw a Channel 2 van outside the BP in Clark and LaSalle, I assume to 'report' on the high prices. Who the FUCK buys their gas at Clark and LaSalle? Also, the article in the Red Streak reported the prices at the same BP station at Clark and LaSalle, but made no mention of WHY the storm has elevated Chicago to having the highest gas prices in the nation. Fucking rag.