View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 09:15 AM   #251
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure if I will have time to review the entire thread, but a quick update:

Because of my mother-in-law (who was very frustrating yesterday) we didn't actually get on the road until 6:00 AM.

However, unlike last year when we went to Houston, we went north. I heard nightmares about how slow I-10 was even with contraflow. We went across the causeway, then to I-12, then I-55 north all the way past Memphis before connecting with I-40 west to get to Little Rock. In ideal conditions, it is supposed to take about 8 hours (over 500 miles.) Yesterday, we did it in a little under 10:30 hours. We hit a few spots of congested traffic, but it was generally smooth sailing. We stopped for one severe rainstorm around Memphis, but had a good lunch. Other than that, we had to stop 4-5 times for my mother-in-law's dog's weak bladder.

We arrived at 4:30 last night and had a good dinner and are safely in Little Rock. The hotel is supposed to have free-in-room high speed internet connection, but the hub near my room is "disconnected" and they have still haven't managed to reconnect it 12 hours later. Hopefully, they'll fix it soon. Right now, I'm in the lobby and just connected there. Then again, this is a relatively minor complaint in the grand scheme of things. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I'm safe (would have done so last night but was exhausted after only getting 3 hours of sleep and then driving all 10 hours plus.)