View Single Post
Old 08-29-2005, 07:17 AM   #232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Dola: What Im worried about are those with heart conditions and those that are diabetics in the superdome and within the path of destruction. Heart conditions can be exacurbated by the stress caused by the events, heat, etc. ...

I thought about your post when I saw this sad blurb:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/2...ina/index.html
Three residents of a New Orleans nursing home died Sunday while being evacuated to Baton Rouge, said Don Moreau, chief of operations for the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office.

The 23 residents were supposed to stay at a church, where one of the bodies was found. The other body was found on a school bus and a third person died at a hospital, Moreau said.

The others were found to be suffering from various forms of dehydration and exhaustion, he said.

Moreau did not know whether authorities would term the deaths storm-related. "These people are very fragile," he said. "When they're loaded up on a school bus and transported out of New Orleans ..."

One person died in similar circumstances during evacuations from Hurricane Ivan, he said.