View Single Post
Old 08-28-2005, 04:02 PM   #120
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat
That sounds like a forecaster at the national weather center went off his meds and started having a panic attack. "THEY ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! NOTHING WILL SURVIVE! WE ARE ALL DOOMED!" For God's sake NO is enough inland and this thing will weaken enough right before impact that the city won't experience anything greater than 150MPH winds sustained, maybe not worse than 125. And thats even with a direct hit. Horrible, yes, but not enough to knock down buildings that were built with possible hurricane force winds in mind.

Please remember that the only thing between New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico is low-lying, eroding swampland. Expecting that land to break up Katrina is like asking a toddler to tackle Jamal Lewis.

For Buccaneer: I'm adjusting to the Northeast just fine so far, but I haven't been here long yet. I was here in February for my wife's job interview, and I got to experience sustained sub-freezing temperatures. It wasn't so bad. Now, I don't really know how the hell to shovel snow, but I'll learn it pretty quickly!