View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 04:35 PM   #19
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
According to noaa and the national weather service, the hurricane track has shifted slightly west. The chance that it might go slightly west of the city has convinced me that it is definitely necessary to leave as that could lead to the worst case scenario described above. Also, some models suggest that it might reach a category 5 in intensity. Others suggest that it will remain a category 3, but I'm not taking any chances.

Mrs. Eaglesfan went to work today, and I'm going to do that daily job today, but I'm calling my boss in a few minutes and letting him know that I'm evacuating unless there is a drastic shift in the track by the 10 PM update tonight. Mrs. Eaglesfan is telling her boss that she won't be in tomorrow (or potentially for the next few days.)

Another factor pushing me to leave is that a friend of mine is a police officer. He told me that Mayor Nagin has told all of the officers to evacuate their families today.

Sadly, it is too late to miss the traffic, as I've seen the picks of people leaving, and it is already bumper to bumper. They should be shutting down the in-bound lanes soon, so all lanes will be outbound in the next couple of hours.