View Single Post
Old 08-27-2005, 09:59 AM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Pumpy left at the right time..

to avoid Katrina which seems to be heading very close to New Orleans. Right now, they are predicting it is going to be a Category 4 Hurricane and that it is going to head right towards New Orleans. My mother-in-law who is a certifiable weather phobic just called me and woke me up so I can check the 10:00 update with her which will be happening in a few minutes.

If the track stays the same, we'll have to decide on whether to evacuate or not soon. Mayor Nagin was just on TV and said the state will likely call for mandatory evacuations of the New Orleans area later this evening or tomorrow morning. Last time it took us about 18 hours just to get to Houston . Complicating things is my wife's grandparents who don't want to leave. They say the last one missed us, and they aren't going through the hassle of evacuating again.

If it does hit the city, I hate to see what is going to happen to this giant bowl of a city.