View Single Post
Old 04-02-2003, 12:11 PM   #18
-Panther
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally posted by StanGunner
I started using the editor last night and saw some of the player awards problems mentioned. A player I modified showed as winning multiple categories. I did modify multiple players so I will try to reduce variables and get a better handle on the problem. But, this is a very great tool. It brings my interest back to the game to be able to add new real player names and also friends, family or myself. This will also be a major add on for creating new Dynasties using FOFC names. Super job Panther!

That last line makes all the hard work well worth it. You're very welcome. I haven't had much time to do any serious testing this week, but I'm going to write a little helper to parse the player file and determine:

How many of each position are in the default file
What the ranges of the 1st block (Unknown1) are for each position

Hopefully this'll help give me an idea of where to start in trying to find the missing link causing this problem.

I do have an idea though. If memory serves (going from memory),
I think there's 5-6 stat (Passing, Rushing, Receiving, Defense, etc...) categories, it might be the primary category ID that the players position uses, don't know whether they're 0-5 or 1-6. ie: QB = 0 or 1 RB/FB = 1 or 2

I'm not hopeful on this because it just doesn't seem logical, could just use position ID.

Last edited by -Panther : 04-02-2003 at 12:14 PM.
-Panther is offline   Reply With Quote