View Single Post
Old 08-03-2005, 06:11 AM   #365
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Seriously? You liked this deal for the Hawks (or as a Wings fan )? I thought it was way overpaying for a guy not in the same league as the other two, tho he is a bit younger. I figured Aucoin was worth 2.5, maybe 3 to the right team but 4M for 4 seemed too much.

SI

I like the deal for the Hawks. I actually think Aucoin is more valuable than Zubov and Hatcher. I just don't think he's gotten the recognition he deserves because he was exiled to Long Island oh these many years (sorry RPI). The guy is a work horse. I think he played more minutes than any player (or close to it) back in 03-04. He's got a great, heavy shot, kills penalties, he does it all. While $4 million may be a bit high, I still think this is a move in the right direction. He's a very good 1-2 defenseman.

Perhaps I like Aucoin too much.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote