View Single Post
Old 07-27-2005, 04:00 PM   #143
Booj
High School JV

Dola... Where do you guys see Pronger ending up? There are a few teams that have needs at defense, but most of them do not have the cap room. A team like NJ, who can't afford Niedermayer and Rafalski don't have the room to get Pronger... the Rangers will probably go after Rafalski...

I'd love to see him with the Canadiens who let Brisebois go and have a couple of spots open on D go after one of the big names... they have the room. I really doubt that they'll do anything, but I am very excited to see what Gainey can pull things from under his hat-- and I wouldn't be surprised if he goes after Hatcher who he had in Dallas.

I also, although I liked Kovalev when he was here, would love the Habs to make a run at Glen Murray. He is bigger, and I think better than Kovalev and more importantly he plays bigger. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Montreal try and bring Selanne to play with Koivu, who he has always loved playing with in international tournaments. The thing is, Montreal is absolutely stacked with Offensive prospects who would be hurt playing anywhere other than on the 1st 2 lines... guys like Higgins, Plekanec, Perezhogin, Kostitsyn have 1st 2 lines potential and I don't think they'd be with the Canadiens on a defensive role.

There have been rumors flying around here that Montreal is making a stab to move up and grab Anaheim's #2. I'm not so sure why they would do that... I am sure it's because they are high on Johnson, Pouliot and Ryan and are worried they will be going 2-3-4. I doubt they want to be "stuck" with Brule at #5. They need size, they always have and that's why I'd love to see Pronger. With Quintal gone, the Canadiens don't have anybody who had 100+ PIM in 2003-04 and I think that is the one spot they need to improve.
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote