View Single Post
Old 03-30-2003, 12:09 AM   #37
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Cougar: I think you'll like it!

Sachmo: Thanks, and congrats to you too!

Barkeep: Thanks. Glad you like 'em.

Elim: No, I haven't downloaded the update, but I may try "just one more game" before I go back to writing my thesis. Time to try the "intelligent" level, which is the AI at full-tilt without any advantages. I've learned that apparently the "bright" level isn't full strength. I'm not sure the upgrade addresses the "tech whoring" strategy though, but maybe the highest level of AI does. I found a couple of posts on the GalCiv boards from other people who claim to be winning easily at the upper levels (bright and intelligent) by using this strategy. I think they are telling the truth, as selling and trading tech gave me a huge advantage in my last game. The key is getting through the beginning in good shape. That's where most people seemed to be getting creamed.

If it turns out that you can always win by trading and selling tech, I might just make up a house rule limiting the amount of tech I can trade. I would think that would make the game instantly more difficult. But I'm hoping the game can be played straight up and consistenly be a good challenge.

Also, for those playing...

I haven't used it (and probably won't), but pressing "Control-N" at the start of the game will give you a new random galaxy. Could be useful if you don't like your initial spot in the galaxy.

Downloading update now...

Damn it. I'm hopelessly addicted.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote