View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 03:39 PM   #104
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
** Unknowledgable NHL Fan Alert **

Do the Blackhawks have ANYTHING to look forward to? At all? Ever?

No.

They do have some good young players and their current cap situation looks good (14 players at $19 million), so they can spend on some big name FAs if they want to. The question is, are they going to spend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz
The article perhaps is a bit confusing here. Buffalo is mulling over the idea of qualifying him so they could turn around and trade him right away. He's an asset right now but one that really isn't interested in sticking around anymore.

I think the reason Buffalo is hesitating is because if they DO qualify him, he'll be making money that might be a bit higher than his true market value, thus turning off teams that might be interested in trading for him. Buffalo doesn't want to get stuck paying a guy whose heart isn't in to playing for the club.

Ah, okay. That makes more sense but like you mentioned the qualifiying offer would be above his value. According to the CBA FAQ, the QO would be 100% his previous year's salary which I believe was around $4 million. I don't think at $4 million, teams will be calling.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote