View Single Post
Old 07-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #3
Booj
High School JV

As a Canadiens fan, I have a lot of excitement for this coming season (like I mentioned late in the deleted thread). The #5 pick is disappointing having come so close (and having several heart attacks through the lottery) but I am very excited-- if used properly.

If the Canadiens could pick up Johnson, Pouliot or Ryan, I would be ecstatic. To me, Gilbert Brule is what the Habs already have too much of-- undersized skilled forwards.

I'm also happy with the prospect of having the entire 03-04 team back (save Dackell, Garon, Juneau and Perreault). I hope Gainey could pull in a free agent to replace Kovalev as well... maybe even Kovalev himself who showed great chemistry with Koivu and Zednik in the playoffs. Kovalev also said he'd like to come back, and with no teams willing to spend the 6 million he would have been looking for under the new system, it seems like a good chance he'll be back.

Having said all that, Montreal seems - to me - to be the favorite in the Northeast division (until we see what Boston does with their loads of cap room).
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote