View Single Post
Old 03-28-2003, 10:45 AM   #169
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Post-Season Training Results

It’s been nothing but wind-sprints and the like for your beloved Screamin’ Seamen this week, as we hope to get some of our younger players in similar shape to that displayed by our veterans.

Thirteen different players increased in stamina this week. Normally, one would expect more than that from a 22-man squad, but seven of our players were already in excellent (8) form.

Unfortunately, the one guy that we really wanted to see improve, midfielder Jerry Smith, did not. The knock that he took in our friendly match on Wednesday proved worse than initially anticipated, and Jerry was unable to participate much in practice.

Form Changes

3 players improved a level in form.
11 players saw their form remain the same.
8 players dropped a level in form (including 6 starters! ).

Ouch. Six of our starters dropped form this week, which makes this the most expensive week of stamina training I have ever witnessed. I would have liked to have gone another week, but the form of our starters is a disturbing trend that needs to be rectified.

We open next season with a rematch against Ramblers (who lost their qualification match), and we’re going to need our guys to be in decent form if we’re going to win. Because of that, I’ve decided to revert to some general training next week, concentrating on our starters. This is something that I very rarely do, but the form of our starters is severely lacking. I hate to do it, but I feel like I have to.

In the Zone

None of our players are “in the zone” at the moment, but we have two that qualify as “form dogs.” Wingback Tyler Willard and winger Ben McMahon (poor bastard) are both in weak (4) form. I sincerely hope that these guys rebound in the coming week, before the next season begins.

Value

Average Player Value: $111,636 (+$2,984)
Total Player Value (22): $2,456,000 (-$43,000)

Up Next: After the weekly financial update Saturday, we’ll be closing out the season and preparing for the next. We’re still scouring the transfer market for a bargain as well. Stay tuned!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote