View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 03:26 PM   #33
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar
The truth is somewhere between:

"I give them a pass on Billups. He sucked everywhere but Detroit which is the perfect system for him. He has definately developed but I consider him a product of the Pistons."

"Joe Johnson? Meh, you can have him."

and

"Celts could also still have Billups and Joe Johnson... They traded both to early and now they are superstars."

Superstars? No.

But if you'd cast off Billups and Johnson as trash, you're sorely mistaken. Detriot's system may help Billups, but he's a fine all-around player. 16 ppg and 6 apg is nothing to sneeze at, especially for an All-defensive 2nd team player. So he's an effective offensive player and a defensive stopper. Sucked? Try again.

Joe Johnson has only been in the league for 4 years and he's a very good player, a guy who can score, pass and rebound as well as handle the ball effectively. He may not be a #1 option, but he's a pretty good #2. We made a horrible decision in trading him.

Perhaps they may have been well served to keep Johnson but do you want to pay him what the Suns likely will as Boston? We don't have a Nash or Stodamire. I'd rather live with Ricky at the 3.

Neither suck but to somehow look and say the Celtics would be farther along with them is questionable. Yeah Pitino bailed on Billups put big deal. 9 years later he's not all that great anyway.