View Single Post
Old 07-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #32
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Kwame Brown was #1 so what difference does it make?

His "great" MVP year featured 39% shooting and 5 assists a game. Whoopeee.

Somehow Bos, Toronto, Denver and Minnesota all passed and 9 years into his career he's the man.

Give me a break. He's a solid contributor in a system tailor made for his skill level. Surround him with others, say the talent level of Bos, Toronto, Denver and Minnesota and he's nothing special at all.

Pick anybody and they can shoot 40% and dish out 5 assists as the PG in Detroit.

The truth is somewhere between:

"I give them a pass on Billups. He sucked everywhere but Detroit which is the perfect system for him. He has definately developed but I consider him a product of the Pistons."

"Joe Johnson? Meh, you can have him."

and

"Celts could also still have Billups and Joe Johnson... They traded both to early and now they are superstars."

Superstars? No.

But if you'd cast off Billups and Johnson as trash, you're sorely mistaken. Detriot's system may help Billups, but he's a fine all-around player. 16 ppg and 6 apg is nothing to sneeze at, especially for an All-defensive 2nd team player. So he's an effective offensive player and a defensive stopper. Sucked? Try again.

Joe Johnson has only been in the league for 4 years and he's a very good player, a guy who can score, pass and rebound as well as handle the ball effectively. He may not be a #1 option, but he's a pretty good #2. We made a horrible decision in trading him.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote