View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 09:17 PM   #11
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
The field wasn't that deep -- I think 164 entries -- and the field wasn't as strong as it was for the $5k PL Omaha. I don't know enough about the workings of the WSOP to understand why some events draw loaded fields and others don't. ESPN this year definitely seems to be going for events loaded with stars.

I'm sure you'll also see the footage of the meltdown on ESPN. IIRC, they covered just about every event last year, especially the final tables, even if it wasn't the focus of the episode. It may be the $5k PL Omaha show, but they'll show highlights from other tourneys.

They already lay out the tournaments they'll be showing before the series. So, it's not like they're seeing the final table and then figuring they'll shoot it. That happened in the cases of Doyle and Johnny Chan, but that's because they were special moments. The rest are pre-determined.

That said, I have to look to see if the 10K is being shown. I am not certain, but I didn't read anything about the ESPN crews on CardPlayer.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote