View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #11
mckerney
Coordinator

Ozzie Guillen for the Twins? Seriously?

Sure, after he's modeled his team around what the Twins have won three straight division titles with the White Sox are ahead with a sizeable lead halfway through the season while the Twins have been playing poorly, but Ozzie Guillen the most hated by Twins fans? Twins - White Sox isn't even much of a rivalry with the exception of the games being important this year. As far as Guillen goes, he's not really a hateable figure for an opposing manager as far as I can tell. This kinda reminds me of what someone from Syracuse said about West Virginia fans during the Big East conference tournament, "We don't care about them. They make one conference final and think they're suddenly a basketball school."

Knoblauch is currently second on the poll, but I can't really hate him. Sure he demanded a trade, but I've got to say that worked out rather well. I'd say we got rid of him at the right time, and the trade is still helping the team. We had got Guzman, who played well for several years, Milton, who pitched well and as a result of trading we now have Punto and Silva, and Buchanon who was traded for Jason Bartlet. The Knoblauch deal is the trade that keeps on giving.

Last edited by mckerney : 07-05-2005 at 07:40 PM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote