View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 07:38 PM   #2
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I don't want absolute realism.. but FPS Football had a realistic accelerated clock that worked perfectly for 15 min quarters. You never had to worry about changing the clock time, there was no way to because the realism was there. Why can't a football game TODAY do something so simple? I hate having to play 8-9-10 mins in order to find what is a realistic amount of plays.

I also don't think passes like the one that was made should be common place in a game with today's technology. It seems like EA tried to make too many "mini" games when all most of us want is a realistic simulation of football. Have the bells and whistles if you want, but for those that want minimal slider tweaking and a realistic game of football, it might be there.. but it takes up so much time tweaking the damn game that by then.. it's sits in the case and attracts dust.

Games today are really yearning to go back to simplicity instead of finding correct settings just to play a good game of football out of the box. I really think that's the reason text sims have really started to come into their own.

For me, it's been two years since college football has been played by me (graphically).. so I'm really hoping the game is good out of the box. I just want to play some college football. The game looked quite good on the video, but oh how I wish some simple things would get fixed.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-04-2005 at 07:40 PM.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote