View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 10:24 AM   #15
Ryno
H.S. Freshman Team

After a hiatus of six months or so, I started another career two weeks ago. I hadn't tried running an option offense before, so I planned to run it out of the wishbone.

It took me a while to get back into the flow of recruiting and time management (thank you TCY Helper), but after a few weeks of simming, I was starting to get hooked again.

In week 4 or 5, I wasn't doing very well recruiting QBs with good rushing numbers, but noticed the #8 QB in the country had no scholarship offers. The scout said that he liked to run "All the Time". He ended up visiting us, despite not meeting any of his criteria. I had an excellent syndicate coordinator that I was sure to lose after the season, so I decided to bribe him and he accepted. Two weeks later he signed with us.

After the season, I look at his scouting page and see that he has a scrambling value of about 20, and most of his other attributes have green bars in the 80s.

That put me in a bit of a dilmemma. I could either scrap my idea of running the option (which really wasn't doable anyway because I had a total of four receivers and only one of them was worth a damn), or I could waste a potentially great passing QB by forcing him to run the option anyway. Neither option appealed to me.

With all the talk about NCAA 2006, I decided to start another NCAA 2004 dynasty and have been playing that since.

To make a long story even longer, I don't think I'll be going back to it until I'm done playing 2006 and I know for sure that TCY 2 isn't Jim's next release.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote