View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 05:47 AM   #32
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
The opportunities your dad and uncle got back then are no longer available now unless you have a degree. Things have changed quite dramatically, a lot of companies REQUIRE that new employees have a degree of some sort.

My mom has worked in Human Resources for almost 40 years, when her company closed the plant she was working at no one would even interview her because she didn't have a degree.

Our plant manager where I work was hired 20 years ago, promoted from within with no degree only previous manager experience of 1 year. Now for even the lowest paying jobs we have here you are required a minimum of an associate's degree, which the guy you are working for does not even have. It is now a corporate wide policy, no degree = no salary job hires.

You are probably right, hence why I already have an Associates and want my bachelors degree at minimum, but the main point I am trying to make is a top notch degree from a top notch college is nice and all and will give you oppurtinities, but it will still end up coming down to how well you can do your job, not whether you graduated from Uof Phoenix or some better school.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote