View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 05:42 AM   #31
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Drickman
Matters in some cases, doesn't matter in every case. Neither my dad or uncle have a college degree. My uncle lives in a multi million dollar home and is one of the most successful insurance saleman in southern california. My dad also does very well in the video industry working on current releases in the telecine field.

College degrees certainly help you get opportunities in the working world, but it will still end up coming down to how well you can do the job, colege degree or not, degree from a "good" college or not.

The opportunities your dad and uncle got back then are no longer available now unless you have a degree. Things have changed quite dramatically, a lot of companies REQUIRE that new employees have a degree of some sort.

My mom has worked in Human Resources for almost 40 years, when her company closed the plant she was working at no one would even interview her because she didn't have a degree.

Our plant manager where I work was hired 20 years ago, promoted from within with no degree only previous manager experience of 1 year. Now for even the lowest paying jobs we have here you are required a minimum of an associate's degree, which the guy you are working for does not even have. It is now a corporate wide policy, no degree = no salary job hires.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote