View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 04:00 PM   #58
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
This is a great thread since no one has to argue (unless someone votes for Bud and Miller.) Lots of great beers here, I've tried most of them, at least. I envy H_B for living in Belgium, I've tried Grimbergen several times when I've visited London, I really wish I could get more of the Belgian beers here since they are excellent.

Belgium is a great place for beer. The local bars (can't really call 'em pubs) are all incredibly cheap. Lady H_B lived two doors down for a place simply called "Beermania". It had hundreds of Belgian beers. There was another bar we used to hit we simply called "The Beer Place." It had over 200 Belgian beers, each with their own glass. A small place, but perfect for sampling the beers.

A funny thing about Stella Artois is that it's basically like the "Budweiser" of Belgian beers. It's a step up from "Maes" and "Jupiler", but a small step. It's not very highly regarded at all. In fact, they tried selling it in England for a while as a cheap, Belgium beer. Its sales were horrible. There's plenty of cheap beer in England. So the Stella folks simply doubled the price, marketed it as a high class, foreign import and sales went through the roof. The power of advertising...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote