View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 04:06 PM   #12
3ric
College Starter

-------------------
November 2002
-------------------
The board tells me they are "satisfied" with my performance as manager. They are lying, but it's nice of them to say that. Brighton's Bobby Zamora is the First Division Player of the Month. Jonathan Stevenson from Leicester City is Young Player of the Month and his manager, Micky Adams, is Manager of the Month.

Shaun Murphy, Robert Page and Paul Peschisolido are called up to their respective national teams, Australia, Wales and Canada.

2/11/02 - at home vs Burnley, 19th in the division. This is a must-win if we are going to turn this negative trend around. Despite having a 5-2 shot advantage we get another 0-0 tie.

Rob Ullathorne has strained knee ligaments and will miss two months, and Steve Kabba will be suspended for one game after getting five yellow cards. I make some offers to some players that I hope can come in and save my job - I have to fix the financial situation later. I've managed to slash £10K in wages, though. We have £525K available in the transfer budget now, thanks to my player sales.

6/11/02 - away at Nottingham Forest, 2nd in the division. A defensive tactic get us nothing more than a second consecutive 0-0 draw. The points from the last two games move us up from a relegation spot to 20th in the division, but we're five points behind Burnley at 19th.

We're ready to sign a young talent at striker, John Turner from Cambridge, for £80K. We negotiate with Swedish side Landskrona for their 18-yr old talent Alexander Farnerud. Notts County call us and offer their young defender Kevin Nicholson to us. He's only 22 and a nice talent, we'll see what my assistant manager thinks of him.

Negotiations with Farnerud is called off since he states he isn't interested in a transfer to the Blades. Ah well, it was worth a try anyway. We've approached the respective clubs for SC Cedric Roussel and DMC John Collins, both transfer listed.

Wolverhampton replies to our offer for Roussel and wants £110K plus our midfielder Nick Montgomery in return. I try to offer them Jean-Philippe Javary instead.

15/11/02 - at home vs Grimsby, 11th in the division. Midfielder Michael Brown score his first goal of the season on a great individual effort in the 68th minute which is enough to give us our first win since August 24th, a 14-game winless streak!

Unfortunately did our goal hero also pick up his fifth booking and will miss the next game.

Kevin Nicholson signs with Watford and the Wolves reject our offer for Roussel.