View Single Post
Old 06-15-2005, 08:40 PM   #500
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

So yeaaaaahhhhh, still in my Everett career here and earlier I talked about getting outshot. Well now I've ran into some even fishier stuff. My head coach Kevin Constatine was lured away by the Rangers in mid-January. Okay, no big deal as I was able to hire a pretty good replacement. Constantine left with a 12-21-8 mark and we were in 4th (out of 5) by a pretty decent margin. Well we've managed to reel off quite a streak now. 0-25-1. Yes, 0-25-1. Including one game where I was outshot 108-25 (SOG 59-21). In those 26 games we've been outscored 35 to 128 (1.34 to 4.92). A few things to keep in mind:

-I only GM. I tweaked a few things in practice, including having my coaches have no more than three categories. I have 4 coaches altogether. I've been going with the default 60-20-20 for quite awhile now.

-I haven't done jack with this team, no trades, and just a few minor UFA signings. I figured that I'd ride this season out and just look forward to next season. Nobody wanted any of my older players anyways. And *maybe* we could surprise a few teams in the playoffs. Well not anymore. We're officially done for.

Something has got to give here. There's no way this team was this bad to start off with and I've barely touched the team. I hate to turn on the game here, but something isn't quite right and that's all I'm trying to say.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote