View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #421
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just noticed an odd, but very cool thing that I had never seen before.

I sent my scouts to look over my prospects when the year began. A report came up for a defenseman, Rob Allan, I drafted last in the 4th round. He has decent defensive ratings, but isn't projected to be anything more than a no. 5 or 6 defensemen. I couldn't pass up his 18 strength and 19 aggression, however. I love me some tough, hard-hitting blueliners.

Anyways... So, I am looking at this prospect and on the "Information" screen, under "Interested" and "Future" there is a heading called "Mental Characteristics." I have never seen this "Mental Characteristics" heading before. Is this rare? Is this only for a few players? If not, how can I see other players' "Mental Characteristics"? Allan's Mental Characteristics are listed as: Realist, Competitive, Very Agressive. Me likey!!

Why can I see this for Allan, but not for any other of my prospects/players? Any thoughts? I love stuff like this.

Also, this kid is entering his 4th season in the OHL. He's dropped the gloves 20 times and has won 20 times. The undisputed Heavy Weight Champion of the OHL. I will have a place on my team for this kid in the future. Write it down.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote