View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #377
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
So, I am in the middle of my 4th and first successful season with the Caps. With 54 games played, I am second place in the East leading the third place team by around 10 points and leading my next closest divisional rival by 20.

A news article entitled "Zetterberg may be headed to the Blues" comes up and says: "With the Washington Capitals on the outside looking in at the playoff picture, Henrik Zetterberg is generating interest around the league." Now, I like the wording of the piece and, if the I was indeed outside looking in, it would make perfect sense (dumping some vet talent with a decent price tag for picks/prospects), but we're completely inside the playoff picture.

That's okay. I just finished my 3rd season with the Kamloops Blazers, finishing on top of the WHL by almost 20 points. As I started my playoff run, several players became unhappy, "thinking the team should be topping the table" and were "willing to help the club improve it's league position." Yeah, good luck with that.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote