View Single Post
Old 06-10-2005, 12:06 PM   #326
jbmagic
Pro Starter

the more scouts you hire the better.

how many trainers, assistant coaches, scouts, etc can you have?

Assistant GM
Head coach
5 assistant coaches
15 scouts including head scout
3 physios

here a good tip i read:

"Head coach: I always want a really high adaptability rating foremost. High tactics, determination, motivation, man management and working with youngsters. Actual coaching for defensemen, forwards and goalies isn't important to me for my head coach. I also like to find coaches with a preferred style that fits my team (usually a direct attacking style with the teams I tend to build).

Assistant coaches: I am similar to Borlag in that I get asst. coaches that specialize. I want at least one coach that is highly rated (18+) in one of each of the following categories: Coaching defensemen, coaching forwards, and coaching goalies for my 3 position assistants (as well as "technique-based"). I would look for motivation/discipline/determination in my conditioning coach, and also for the line "conditioning-based" in the "coaching style" field. Determination, Motivation, Adaptability and working with youngsters are all great fields to be good at.

Trainers: 20 in Physio. That's all you need... though a good reputation might help too. Nothing else matters.

Scouts: Judging Potential and Judging Ability are the only things that matter. I tend to permanently assign scouts to leagues:
--1 to each of the CHL Junior leagues (WHL, OHL, QMJHL)
--1 each to the NHL, AHL, ECHL
--1 each to the US, Canada, Scandanavia, Central Europe, Eastern Europe
--a free floater that does temporary and rotating individual country searches in Eastern and Central Europe (Germany, Russia, Slovakia, Czech Rep., rinse and repeat)
--1 scout for next opponent
--1 to rotate through the US college leagues
--Finally a head scout that gets assigned to all the international games and to NHL entry drafts. I'll also pull the guys off of Canada, US and ECHL/AHL searches to do these international games and entry draft searches too.

For scouts that are going to be permanently in a junior league or NCAA US college league floaters, I want a 18+ in judging potential. Judging ability can be in the low teens. For all others, I want at least 16+ in both judging ratings. For my head scout, I settle for nothing less than 20/20 in both judging ratings. If any scout falls below 14 in their required rating, I fire them on the spot (you don't owe them money for the rest of the contract like you would in FM). I also try and get scouts from the country that they are going to be scouting (ie. a swedish scout for the Scandanavia search, a Russian or Czech scout for the Eastern Europe search, US guys for US leagues, Canadian for Canadian searches, etc etc)

For best effect in training, don't assign any of your coaches to more than 3 different fields (ie. tactics, off. skill, def. skill, etc) in practice."

Last edited by jbmagic : 06-10-2005 at 12:58 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote