View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 10:36 PM   #22
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Easy Mac
seriously though, not sure if this is a funny story, but we'll see.

I'm playing baseball, its whatever league your in when you're 14. We're playing the top team, with the top 2 home run hitters. I strike out the first one on nothing but fastballs. The next guy comes up and yells he's hitting a home run, and for me to try to blow it past him. I try, and he smacks the fuck out of it, it had to go at least 400 feet, easily a home run. But the ump calls it foul... I praise god. So I throw a curve on the next pitch, he smacks the fuck out of it, but he hit the fence for a triple. He said I got lucky, and he's hitting a home run the next time.

His friend comes up again, and I strike him out again. So the guy comes up again, and points. First pitch is low and away, and he golfs the hell out of it. This went even farther than the first "home run", but this is to dead center.

Once again, I strike out his friend, and the guy comes up again. Sure enough, first pitch is a curve, knocks another home run. As he rounds the bases, I tell him I'll strike him and his friend out the rest of the game.

I strike out his friend, and then get the count to 0-2 on the guy. Next pitch is an outside curve, and he hits an opposite field home run... maybe not funny, unless you like to laugh at my misfortune and horrible pitching.

God I miss playing real sports, not this intramural shit.

I once gave up 6 homeruns(including 2 grandslams) in a JV game...
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote