View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 08:27 AM   #253
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I ran across another little bug, or so it seems.

I recently had a run of game misconducts (oops!), which led to a few one game suspensions. I had the oppurtunity to appeal, so I did. (That slash wasn't that bad! There wasn't even any blood! Ok. Well, there was a little blood. But come on, he's a bleeder!) Anyway, while the NHL was considering my appeal my next game came up and my player (Nathan Horton) was suspended for the game. So he misses the game. The next day or so the NHL comes back and says that they agreed with me and the player shouldn't have been suspended. Problem is, of course, that he was already suspended and missed the game!

So the short of it is that while an appeal is pending the player should not serve the suspension. The player should only serve the suspension following the appeal process and if the suspension is upheld.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote