View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 12:55 AM   #385
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Kieft in the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Robinson dives.. blocks it.

11 minute mark: Wright Phillips passes it to Jenas just outside the box.. he shoots.. over the bar.

24 minute mark: Jenas passes to King outside the box.. he passes to Rooney in the box.. 10 yard shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. tips it over the bar.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Even play between both teams so far.

King has had a poor grade for the half and I'm pulling him. I'm going to go with Defoe for King.

52 minute mark: Terry with a good defensive play on Kieft.

58 minute mark: Long pass from Ashley Cole to Defoe.. he shoots from 20 yards out.. the keeper blocks it.. Rooney gets it out of the box.. shoots.. past the keeper.. it skims over the bar.

68 minute mark: Robinson stops a long shot from Rafael van der Vaart.

80 minute mark: Rooney shoots from 30 yards out.. powerful banana shot.. upper right corner.. past the keeper.. it hits the crossbar.

83 minute mark: Cook on for Barry. I picked Cook over Joe Cole because Cook is a much better penalty shooter.

End of Regulation.

I slide cook over and put Cole on for Jenas. Jenas is the most tired player on the pitch and has to come off.

91 minute mark: Wright-Phillips dribbles down the right sideline.. crosses to Rooney in the center of the box.. he hits it on the half-volley.. upper right corner.. the keeper blocks it.

Halftime of extra time.

109 minute mark: Cook passes to Downing in the box.. the defender trips Downing.. whistle.. penalty awarded!!!! Defoe steps up.. looks confident.. blasts it into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! Oh yeah!

112 minute mark: Cook steals it at midfield.. passes it to Defoe who is 35 yards out.. Defoe passes it to Rooney who is just outside the box.. the keeper rushed out to try to intercept that pass.. Rooney chips it... over the keeper's head.. just under the bar! GOAL!!!! 2-0!

Game over!!!! 2-0 win! We are going to the World Cup Final!!!!!

We outshot them 17-13. 8-4 on target.

Wayne Rooney won MoM, 10 for form, 23 of 31 passes, 4 key passes, 3 of 3 tackles, 3 of 14 headers, 1 interception, 9 runs, 2 fouls drawn, and 1 goal.

Downing also had a 10 for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote