View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Since you brought up bugs, my family still laughs about the time my aunt, who was living in Brownsville at the time, came to visit us in Michigan. I was about 8 or 9 and my brother 5.

One day, my aunt casually calls out to us from the bathroom that there was a spider in the bathroom and could one of us come and kill it. So I head up to the bathroom (on the 2nd floor) expecting to see a daddy long legs or something that can easily be squished. She tells me that it crawled behind the shower curtain, so I throw it back to find the sucker. Turns out the f**ker had a body that was about 3 inches in diameter. And man, was it hairy. I immediately screamed like a little school girl, and when my brother, who was standing behind me, saw the thing, he ran screaming down the stairs. He happened to be holding an open bottle of Coke. And we had white carpet. Not fun for my mom.

So we call in reinforcements and my dad shows up. None of us wanted to squish it, because it would have made a hella mess, and none of us wanted to touch it, just because. So we used an entire bottle of raid, a few squirts of windex, and I even sprinkled some comet on the bastard - basically anything that we could find under the bathroom sink - to kill it.

My aunt was surprised throughout the whole ordeal, as apparently spiders that size were relatively common in Brownsville. We think it actually made the trip with her in one of her bags, because she had just opened a bag in the bathroom when she saw the thing.

If that didn't make you laugh, well... I guess you just had to be there!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote