View Single Post
Old 03-24-2003, 04:31 PM   #1
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Talking Let's hear some funny real-life stories

Okay…what with Iraq, the resultant flame-wars, Eminem winning an Oscar, the Hattrick plague (just kidding!), etc., it’s become FAR too serious around here lately.

It’s time for some funny real-life stories.

Let’s have some laughs. Post something funny that really happened to you. Don’t make stuff up – I want to hear some real-life yuks. It doesn’t have to be award-winning material. Anything will do. Throw it out there.

Here’s one to start:

When my wife and I lived on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, we had a house that backed on the Atlantic Ocean (yeah, it was rough I know). About the only problem with the house was it was very buggy, to the point where we were coping with some creepy-crawly thing almost every day. Well, one afternoon, my wife summoned me to bug duty – she’d seen “something big” go under the door of the hall closet. So I get the flashlight, and go into the hall closet (which was relatively dark). I’m not eager to find this “big” sucker, but a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do. Just as I’m bending over to peer below the bottom shelf, with my wife looking anxiously from behind me…FOOM! FOOM! A military jet from Oceana NAS goes by and lays a sonic boom on us!

Well, my friends, let me tell you…I don’t know how far my wife jumped, but I got some good air. We both yelped in mid-air. Then we had a good chuckle at ourselves…

…and a grass-hopper emerged moments later.

WSUCougar is offline   Reply With Quote