View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 11:54 AM   #237
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
very nice Honolulu_Blue
what type of tactics and tendencies your using?

how is that part of the game? do they follow it well?

I think tactics are pretty important, but I will be the first to admit I am not a tactical mastermind.

I tend to play a "mixed" style and "high forecheck." I can't stand the sound of "passive forecheck", just seems too soft. I have tinkered with the dreaded "trap" and "left wing lock", but have had no real success.

I tend to have my top two lines (offensive lines) play, "mixed", "positional" (sometimes crash the net if there are power forwards), and high forecheck.

For my third and fourth lines I tend to do the same, though will use "dump and chase" for whichever one is more of a "grind line" or "seek and destroy" type of line.

I haven't tinkered with the PK or power-play settings. Though I am giving up way too many SH goals this year, so I will look to change that.

I do change the "fighting" command and "board play", making my more physical players use "power" instead of mixed or finese.

I also tinker with pass/shoot bias, trying to have my snipers (Ovechkin) shoot rather than pass. Same goes for d-men with big shots.

Oh, this reminds me. A couple of weird errors:

1. When setting board battles between: unit, mixed, finese, or power. Instead of power it reads "Power play (Chances - Goals)." Is that right?

2. Also, scout reports for goalies seem to be a bit off as well. Under "Projected Role" it always says: "Third Second Round Replays." Interesting.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote