View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 09:32 PM   #335
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Some thoughts for the end of the season:

Rooney's 75% shooting is extremely impressive and is one of the best end of year totals I've ever had.

His 36 goals and 14 assists are equally impressive. I've never had a player score that many goals in a season. The fact that he was tied for 3rd on the team for assists is equally impressive.

I've never had a player put up 30 assists like Downing just did. Certainly, I made a good choice in acquiring him as my first big acquisition for the team.

Jeroen Schreurs had a very nice season with 12 goals and 15 assists.

Alfonso is developing into a very good left winger and is the heir apparent as Downing should slow down in the next few years.

Ortega did very well in limited action. Schreurs doesn't have great stamina. This should equate into more time for Ortega next year.

Carlo Godoy had 7 goals and 5 assists in 35 relief appearances. I need to get him on the pitch more this year. However, I think part of his success is working against tired defenders. He hasn't done as well in the 2 games he started.

The right fullback position will be our weakest next year unless we acquire a young stud. Brown and Grygera are starting to show their age.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 06-05-2005 at 09:36 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote