View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:30 PM   #190
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
3. Jim Nill, my assistant GM, who was running the Wings while I sunned myself on some tropical shores made some dumbfoundingly ridiculous moves. First, as soon as I left he felt the need to sign almost any free agent worth a damn. I guess the extra cash in the payroll was burning a hole in his pocket. He went out and signed, almost immediately, Travis Green, Matthieu Schneider, Yanick Perrault, Drake Berehowsky, Todd Simpson, and Brian Holzinger. I didn't really think we needed these guys. And, in fact, we ended up losing Draper on waivers because of this.

That was just the begining of oddness. Nill then traded Jiri Hulder (one of our top 10 prospects) and the rights to two prospects for Ladislav Nagy. That's fine. I don't like giving up young guys, but Nagy is decent. However, SIX days later they send Nagy to the AHL and he gets picked up on waivers. Nice.

A similar thing happens a few days later. Nill trades Nik Kornwall (another top 5 prospect) for Sven Butchenson. He then puts Butchenson on waivers and he is picked up.

So, the Wings have traded away two of the best young prospects and two other prospects for absolutely nothing. That's pretty bad roster management. I left all the controls on "reasonable" while away. No idea what happened.

He was probably sick of doing all your work for you and was actively trying to get you fired.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote