View Single Post
Old 06-02-2005, 09:00 AM   #169
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Honolulu_Blue

when you get some time can you tell me how the manual that comes with the game is? does it explain everything very well that in the game like tactics, ratings, rules, etc.

or just gives a brief summary only?

JB,

The manual is actual a meaty 58 pages. I think it does a good job explaining tactics and ratings. The ratings sections gives a description of each rating and what that rating is "essental for." I.e., "Anticipation is essential for top sex offencemen/top four d-men. If these key players anticipat situations quickly they can make plays happen."

As far as rules go, the manual really doesn't provide a breakdown of NHL rules (ie, icing is X, slashing is Y, etc.) I think the games assumes a basic understanding of the sport. It does provide some background on transactional rules for the NHL (waivers for example).

I hope this helps.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote