View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:31 PM   #26
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I'm just curious - but is there any chance he could be criminally prosecuted? I realize there is no way in hell it WOULD happen (90 years old, stroke, politically dangerous, etc.) I'm just asking if it COULD happen?

That's been quietly debated, I think, in some circles; if not as a serious consideration for action, then at least from a legal and/or procedural standpoint.

There's so many possibilities that I wouldn't personally know where to start?
Is he/would he be/would he have been covered under various "whistleblower" statues? What oath (if any) does an FBI Agent take? Was he even an actual "agent" at that time, or just an administrator? Could "interests of national security" be invoked somehow? Heck, the list of possibilities goes on & on.

Purely a theoretical exercise almost certainly, but one that could take countless hours to decide completely (and one that I suspect will be the subject of more than a few conversations in future).