View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 09:18 PM   #309
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: John Terry stopped a Rooney breakaway.. he starts the counterattack.. long pass to Diego.. Diego passes to Adriano in the box.. he heads it to Adu in the left half of the box.. Adu shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0

2nd minute: Downing takes it down the left side of the pitch.. dribbles past two defenders.. centers it towards the near post.. Rooney heads it.. into the upper left corner! GOAL!!!! 1-1. That is Rooney's 200th career goal for Manchester United!

21 minute mark: Adu passes to Adriano inside the box.. Adriano shoots from 15 yards out.. I let out my breath as it barely sails over the bar.

23 minute mark: Downing takes a corner kick to the near post.. Salva jumps.. heads it.. into the goal! NO!!! Whistle... it's disallowed.. Salva was adjudged to have push Naldo!

36 minute mark: Schreurs with a long pass to Rooney just outside the box.. he shoots.. upper left corner.. Cech dives.. blocks it.

37 minute mark: Brown passes it long to Schreurs.. he beats the defender back.. he gets into the box.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL.... NO!!!! Late whistle.. Schreurs is called offsides! The goal is waved off. I'm not sure I've ever had 2 goals disallowed in one game.

Halftime: 1-1 tie (2-2 on aggregate) We have over 91,000 fans here today.

46 minute mark: Robben with a blistering shot from 20 yards out.. Howard barely tips it over the bar.

50 minute mark: Schreurs passes to Fletcher outside the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. it deflects off a defender.. towards the left corner of the net.. it bounces barely wide left.

53 minute mark: Rooney gets a yellow card for a dangerous slide on Terry.

59 minute mark: Robben passes to Adu in the left side of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. Howard dives.. pushes it wide. On the ensuing corner.. Sneijder takes the corner.. kicks it towards the near post.. Diego outjumps Schmidt.. heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL! Down 2-1

65 minute mark: Godoy on for King who is very tired. Cook on for Fletcher, and Ortega on for Schreurs.

I also tell the offense to open it up.

75 minute mark: Our fans are leaving!

78 minute mark: Cook passes to Rooney in the left side of the box.. he isn't decisive enough and Terry closes him down.

86 minute mark: Terry is heading away crosses intended for Rooney.

86 minute mark: Downing crossses to Godoy in the box.. Godoy shoots.. over the bar.

88 minute mark: Cook passes to Godoy in the box.. he shoots... upper right corner.. it hits the crossbar.

90 minute mark: Ortega crosses to Rooney.. he tries to shoot but Naldo shuts him down.

92 minute mark: Cook takes a free kick from 30 yards out.. curves it over the wall.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-2! 3-3 on aggregate, but they are still up on away goals

Game over. 2-2 tie. 3-3 on aggregate, but they win on away goals

The best we can do is the double

They outshot us 16-12 (9-9 on target)

Downing won MoM, 8 for form, 11 of 13 passes, 2 key passes, 4 of 11 tackles, 5 of 11 headers, 8 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote