View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #161
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo
I just finished reading the 3rd Rising Stars volume, finally completing the series that I started reading years ago. Although I felt it was good, I have to say I was very disappointed by volumes 2 and 3. The first volume (issues 1-8) was amazing, just blew me away. Then volume 2 came out and I was disappointed, I just didn't like the direction it took. Volume 3 was a bit better, but still a let down. His time away from the series seemed to be evident, especially with sections where he contradicted things that had happened earlier (like the claim near the end that the specials could not bear children, even though Jason had kids and they had made it clear that the powers simply weren't transferred). Other pieces seemed to be tacked on or wrapped up too quickly.

What were your thoughts on it?

I haven't picked up Vol. 3 yet. But I agree with your thoughts on 1 and 2. Volume one was great. The origin story, the murder mystery, the politics involved, all of it. It was good stuff. Some of the best superhero stories I had read in a long time. Volume 2 did start taking things in a direction that was a bit odd and nowhere near as cool and nuanced as the first volume. I'll be sure to pass on a full review once I pick up volume 3.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote