View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 09:11 AM   #158
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I just started reading a few weeks back and it indeed rocks. I've had them sitting on my shelf for a few months now and following got around to them. I have volumes 7-9 in waiting.

I have to control the comic book flow into the house or Lady HB will start going down the "More comic books? What the hell? You're 31 years old, why not try reading a real book once in a while?" route. Then again, to her credit, she has tried to read a few and really liked Alan Moore's "Top Ten". Preacher, however, I don't think she'll get into. She flipped open one volume and just so happened to be the issue where Jesse, Cassidy, and Tulip crash Jesus de Sade's party. 'Nuff said.

Try getting the "Watchmen" or if she's into humour try some of the old 2000AD stuff, DR & Quinch are very funny so long as you can take homicidal alien teenagers in the right vein

The 'Crisis' series which span off from 2000AD was pretty good if you like political satire, but they're getting fairly rare on the ground these days.

There are some very good graphic novel adaptations of Terry Pratchett novels kicking around at the moment also, my daughter loves these ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote