View Single Post
Old 05-31-2005, 11:32 PM   #296
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Fletcher passes to McFadden in the left side of the box.. McFadden dribbles past a defender.. shoots.. upper left corner.. the keeper pushes it over the bar.

10 minute mark: McFadden steals it at midfield.. passes it to Downing.. Downing passes it back to McFadden just left of the box.. McFadden fakes out a defender.. dribbles further into the box.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

12 minute mark: Mezague shoots from 25 yards out.. Howard misplays it! He has played bad last game and this game. I should have started Adriano like I was considering.

Halftime: 1-1 game. Everton has over 40,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Howard stops a long range strike from Mezague.

60 minute mark: Their keeper stops a flurry of shots.

61 minute mark: Djuric catches McFadden from behind.

I put Ortega on for Schreurs, Alfonso on for Downing, and O'Shea on for Chivu (who played ok, but nothing like he used to play.)

I also tell the offense to be more aggressive.

67 minute mark: They catch us on the counterattack.. long pass from Henrik Lantz to Scott McDonald.. he beats Brown into the box.. he fakes out Howard.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

69 minute mark: Fletcher passes to McFadden.. McFadden passes to Ortega outside the box.. Ortega with a dribble between two defenders.. shoots from 20 yards out.. lower left corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-2.

72 minute mark: McFadden steals the ball at midfield.. plays an amazing pass to King just outside the box.. King beats a defender.. shoots a powerful blast.. lower left corner... GOAL!!!!! 3-2. Great strike from King.

75 minute mark: Ortega dribbles down the right sideline.. crosses it to the center of the box.. Fletcher outjumps two defenders.. heads it.. towards the right corner.. it deflects off a defender.. into the left side of the net! GOAL!!!! 4-2.

I tell the team to be more conservative and focus on defense.

Game over. 4-2 win.

We were outshot 17-12 (but 8-4 on target in our favor)

McFadden wins MoM, 9 for form, 25 of 30 passes, 1 key pass, 0 of 1 tackles, 3 of 7 headers, 1 interception, 11 runs, 1 foul drawn, 2 assists, and 1 goal.

Howard had another disappointing game. He gave up 2 goals on only 4 on target shots.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote