View Single Post
Old 05-29-2005, 08:57 PM   #270
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: Brown gets a yellow card for a trip on Ashton.

Konchesky passes it to Ashton in the box.. he shoots from point blank range.. Adriano saves it!

25 minute mark: Lucio with an excellent defensive play on Ashton.

27 minute mark: Cook gets a yellow card for pulling Remy's jersey.

29 minute mark: Adriano saves a long shot from Ashton.

42 minute mark: King collides with their keeper.. King is hurt I put Adriano on for King.

44 minute mark: Cook passes it to McFadden in the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. barely tips it over the bar.

45 minute mark: Alfonso passes it to Adriano in the right side of the box.. he blasts a shot.. upper right corner.. excellent block by the keeper.

Halftime: 0-0 tie.

50 minute mark: I tell the offense to really press the attack.

52 minute mark: Brown with an amazing pass down the length of the pitch.. it bounces just outside the box.. McFadden races past two defenders to get to it.. he fakes out the keeper.. shoots.. center of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

59 minute mark: Lucio starts the counter attack.. passes it to Alfonso at midfield.. he passes it to Adriano who is just a bit ahead of him.. Adriano speeds past one defender.. uses a stutter step to get past a second defender.. dribbles into the box... throws a shoulder fake at the keeper.. dribbles to his right.. shoots.. lower right corner... GOAL!!!! 2-0!

Brown nearly got his second yellow card a minute ago, so I put Marchetti in for Brown.

Also with a 2-0 lead, I tell the offense to be a bit more conservative and not so gung-ho attacking style.

82 minute mark: Dhonastan tries a 20 yard shot.. Adriano easily saves it.

93 minute mark: Ashton gets the ball just inside the box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. Adriano saves it cleanly.

Game over. 2-0 win

We outshot them 12-9 (9-4 on target)

Alfonso wins MoM, 9 for form, 24 of 33 passes, 6 key passes, 4 of 6 tackles, 3 of 5 headers, 1 interception, 4 runs, 1 foul drawn, and 1 assist.

Cook also had a 9 for form.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote